- Products purchased online will be shipped from our warehouse to your address within 3 days of purchase date - To view stock in our Tauranga store please call us on 07 5713 040 with 3 days notice to ensure in store availability - Any questions? Please call the friendly Bayride team on 07 571 3040
GOLDfren began manufacturing sintered disc brake pads for a wide range of off-road and road motorcycles in 1991, nearly three decades on from their first motorcycle brake pads GOLDfren has become one of the largest aftermarket manufacturers in the motorcycle brake disc pad industry. Their development of next-generation products has kept them at the technological forefront of Sintered Friction Braking providing you with confidence in the performance, durability and reliability of your brakes.
The GP6 series is recommended for track racers who demand the best braking power on track racing conditions. The GP6 compound provides low abrasive interaction with the brake rotor and much quieter braking due to the ceramic friction material. The GP6 series also features a stainless-steel heat shield for thermal isolation and contains metal-ceramic friction materials specially formulated and designed for track racing. The brake lining is specially treated for ultimate racing performance.
- Very high static friction coefficient
- Low abrasive interaction with the brake rotor material surface
- The brake pad surface is specially treated
- Minimal difference between wet and dry braking performance
- Good abrasive resistance
- Produced by Progressive Powder Technology
- Braking performance does not deteriorate as heat increases (up to 800°C)
- Stainless steel heat shield for thermal isolation
- Road racing only
- Recommended on front brakes
- Works well in both dry and wet conditions
- Specific pressure: 5.0 Mpa
- Sliding speed: 30 m/s
- Constant maximum temp: 650°C
- Short time maximum temp: 800°C
- Counter-surfaces: steel disks
What is a sintered brake pad?
GOLDfren only manufacturers sintered brake pads that contain metal-ceramic and ceramic-carbon friction materials, these materials allow for less brake dust and a quieter braking experience. Sintered brake pads are made by fusing together metallic particles under high temperature and pressure which enhances friction properties and pad life, resulting in longer life and stronger braking. Sintered brake pads experience no brake fade when operating at high temperatures and in wet conditions. They also last up to 5 times longer than organic pads and provide additional braking strength. All materials used are environmentally friendly and do not contain any lead, asbestos, fibreglass or formaldehyde.