- This is our ONLINE STORE, not all Products are kept at our showroom location. To view stock in our Tauranga store please contact us with 3 days notice. Products purchased online will be shipped from our warehouse to your address within 3 days of purchase date - - Any questions? Please call the friendly Bayride team on 07 571 3040
Voltage (V): 12V
Cranking Ampere (A): 500CCA
Net Weight: 4.00KG
Dimensions (L x W x H): 186 x 82 x 171mm
Included Spacers: None
Replaces: MB51814 & MPL51814
Founded in 2008, Motobatt is a manufacturer of premium Powersports batteries, battery chargers and battery related accessories. Motobatt is the creator and holds patents all over the world for the Motobatt 4 terminal battery that facilitates flexible battery installation across a wide variety of vehicles while maintaining an OE like fit.
Specifically designed for motorcycles, Motobatt batteries offer much higher cranking power and higher amp-hour ratings. Their batteries can withstand constant starting without draining the battery or causing long term cell damage. Their unique terminal design offers far greater versatility, allowing them to fit a wider range of applications which enables stockists to carry a narrower range of batteries for a large market, which makes it easier for retail customers to find a battery to fit their vehicle, in stock.
Beyond the limits. The advantages of lead-acid and lithium in a single battery. Once again, Motobatt surprises with its technological advances, placing itself at the forefront in the Powersports industry. After several years of research and development Motobatt is ready to launch their new Hybrid technology. Motobatt’s Hybrid Technology is the perfect mix of lead-acid & lithium batteries, providing the advantages of both, allowing their new Hybrid range to achieve the best performance. In addition, their Hybrid range offers unique versatility thanks to its exclusive adjustable MFlex Terminal system that allows the Hybrid range to replace 92 JIS units with an offering of just 5.
MFLEX: Multiple & Flexible Terminal
- Adjustable terminals
- Solid internal connection
- Copper terminals, for better driving
MHT: Motobatt Hybrid Technology
- Exceptional cold starting power
- Longer life cycles
- Fast charging time
- More secure and stable
- Constant CCA in all weather conditions
HP: High-Performance Design
- Overload protection
- Protection against downloads
- Temperature protection
- Balance Control between cells, better performance
AGM: Absorbed Glass Matt
- Fast recovery
- Platelets designed for Powersports
- Very resistant to vibrations
Motobatt Hybrid vs Lead Acid:
- 90% stronger in starting power
- 30% Lighter weight
- 500% More life cycles
- 50% Less auto-download
- Faster Charge Time
- Constant starting power in cold temperatures
- Protection against overload, discharge and temperature
Motobatt Hybrid vs Lithium:
- Compatibility with all original charging systems
- 200% more amperage (AH)
- Stable temperature
- Longer life cycles
- Higher starting power in cold temperatures
- Can be charged with normal AGM lead chargers
- More connections of extra electronic accessories
We seriously dealt to a customer’s Harley Sportster, fitting a performance head, hot cams & valves, and high compression pistons, amongst other performance-enhancing modifications.
Our customer was stoked with his new ride, but the upgraded v-twin was too much for its standard battery. Finding a battery capable of reliably starting the modified bike was difficult. We were hesitant of lithium batteries, despite their exceptional cranking power, as any parasitic drain would quickly result in a flat battery, an inconvenience that we and our customer wanted to avoid. We could not find a standard lead-acid battery with the cranking ability to reliably start the modified Sporty.
We caught wind of Motobatt’s new Hybrid technology and were told they were a battery that provides the cold cranking amps of a lithium battery, while maintaining OEM system compatibility, plus lead-acid capacity, along with the additional benefit of being lightweight. The Motobatt Hybrid also includes Motobatt’s unique 4-terminal design, enabling quick and easy accessory connection.
We fitted a Motobatt Hybrid, which easily cranks and starts the bike, and solved a problem for us and the customer. So far so good, and we would recommend the Hybrid for this type of situation.
- Dennis Charlett