- This is our ONLINE STORE, not all Products are kept at our showroom location. To view stock in our Tauranga store please contact us with 3 days notice. Products purchased online will be shipped from our warehouse to your address within 3 days of purchase date - - Any questions? Please call the friendly Bayride team on 07 571 3040
GOLDfren began manufacturing sintered disc brake pads for a wide range of off-road and road motorcycles in 1991, nearly three decades on from their first motorcycle brake pads GOLDfren has become one of the largest aftermarket manufacturers in the motorcycle brake disc pad industry. Their development of next-generation products has kept them at the technological forefront of Sintered Friction Braking providing you with confidence in the performance, durability and reliability of your brakes.
The K5 sintered compound is optimal for off-road motorcycles and ATVs. It is recommended for riders who demand great off-road stopping power and brake pad durability when riding on tough off-road terrains. The K5 series is designed for low abrasive interaction with the rotor, long life and self-cleaning capabilities necessary in off-road riding conditions. Friction materials contain metal-ceramic with a sophisticated bronze-graphite and full-metal mixture formulation with fine friction particles to achieve optimal friction properties.
- High static friction coefficient
- Good abrasive resistance
- Self-cleaning capability
- Low abrasive interaction with the brake rotor material
- Up to 3 times longer operational life compared to organic and Kevlar composite materials
- Developed specifically for off-road motorcycles & ATVs
- Can be used on both front and rear brakes
- Could be used on the rear brake of road racing motorcycles
- Specific pressure: 2.0 Mpa
- Sliding velocity: 20 m/s
- Constant maximum temp: 500°C
- Short time maximum temp: 750°C
- Counter-surfaces: steel disks
What is a sintered brake pad?
GOLDfren only manufacturers sintered brake pads that contain metal-ceramic and ceramic-carbon friction materials, these materials allow for less brake dust and a quieter braking experience. Sintered brake pads are made by fusing together metallic particles under high temperature and pressure which enhances friction properties and pad life, resulting in longer life and stronger braking. Sintered brake pads experience no brake fade when operating at high temperatures and in wet conditions. They also last up to 5 times longer than organic pads and provide additional braking strength. All materials used are environmentally friendly and do not contain any lead, asbestos, fibreglass or formaldehyde.
Reminder: one set of brake pads services one brake disc, if you are servicing multiple discs you will need multiple sets of brake pads.