- This is our ONLINE STORE, not all Products are kept at our showroom location. To view stock in our Tauranga store please contact us with 3 days notice. Products purchased online will be shipped from our warehouse to your address within 3 days of purchase date - - Any questions? Please call the friendly Bayride team on 07 571 3040
Founded in 2008, Motobatt is a manufacturer of premium Powersports batteries, battery chargers and battery related accessories. Motobatt is the creator and holds patents all over the world for the Motobatt 4 terminal battery that facilitates flexible battery installation across a wide variety of vehicles while maintaining an OE like fit.
- Waterproof, perfect for outdoors
- 9 Step Algorithm
- Automatic Charging & Maintaining
- Overcharge Protection
- Reverse Polarity Protection
- Short Circuit Protection
- Spark Proof
- Maintains Full Charge
- Applicati 12V AGM, Lead-Acid, Calcium & Gel Batteries
- Input: Auto-switching 120-240VAC 50/60 Hz
- Input Cable: 6' 18AWG, U.S. SPT-2, EU-H03VV, Aust/NZ-H03VV
- Output: 12VDC 1A
- Max Charge Current: 1A
- Max Voltage: 14.8V
- Battery Capacity: 2-33Ah (Charging), up to 80Ah (Maintenance)
Motobatt chargers utilise Motobatt’s unique 9 Stage Charging and Maintenance Process.
Initially ensures that the battery is in good condition prior to launching charge processing. As a safety measure charge process will not begin if the battery is below 2V.
Battery Rescue Phase:
Motobatt Battery Rescue starts if the battery voltage has risen unusually high in the early portion of the re-charge cycle. This is usually caused by plate sulfation. Once the battery rescue phase has succeeded in getting the battery to accept power, normal battery charging will begin.
Soft Start Phase:
Soft Start is used when the charger has detected a battery at a very low initial state of charge. Voltage and current are delivered at specified rates to help the battery to recover prior to entering Pulse charge mode.
Pulse Mode Phase:
Motobatt Pulse mode provides a high-frequency pulse charge to help the newly recovered battery to continue to accept charge as it enters the reconditioning phase.
The Motobatt reconditioning phase continues to work the battery at a slightly higher voltage and amperage to “re-activate” the battery plates for improved depth of charge and charge acceptance.
Bulk Charge Phase:
With the battery now through Pulse and reconditioning phases and well on its way to full recovery the Motobatt bulk charge phase gives the battery constant current taking the battery up to 80% of its capacity.
In the Motobatt absorption phase, the battery is given constant voltage while the current is reduced based on action taken from monitoring the batteries current state until the battery is 100% charged.
The battery will now be checked to be sure that it is holding a charge properly and the charger will make a determination and classify the battery for use, or not.
The battery can be safely left on the charger indefinitely. The unit will monitor the battery and “turn-on” again as needed to maintain the battery at a full state of readiness.