- This is our ONLINE STORE, not all Products are kept at our showroom location. To view stock in our Tauranga store please contact us with 3 days notice. Products purchased online will be shipped from our warehouse to your address within 3 days of purchase date.
- Any questions? Please call the friendly Bayride team on 07 571 3040.
- No returns on sale items.
Buy together & save! Our Disc & Pad kits include an MTX Brake Disc & Goldfren Brake Pad set for your motorcycle or ATV.
- Disc: MDS08035
- Brake Pad: GF185K5
About the included MTX Disc:
MTX solid discs are constructed using one complete segment of Japanese SUS 420 stainless steel, then heat- treated to HRC 36+-2. Lightening and drill hole patterns are as per OEM designs to improve braking performance and reduce the temperature of the disc.
MTX Discs provide amazing braking control for ;your motorcycle. All MTX discs are designed and manufactured with world- leading, cutting edge technologies:
- Precision CNC machined and laser-cut technology
- Japanese SUS 420 Stainless Steel
- Replacement for Original Equipment
- OEM Design; lightening & drill hole patterns
- O.D: 210mm
- I.D: 109mm
- Minimum Thickness: 3.5mm
- Disc Position: Rear
About the included GOLDfren Brake Pads:
The K5 sintered compound is optimal for off-road motorcycles and ATVs. It is recommended for riders who demand great off-road stopping power and brake pad durability when riding on tough off-road terrains. The K5 series is designed for low abrasive interaction with the rotor, long life and self-cleaning capabilities necessary in off-road riding conditions. Friction materials contain metal-ceramic with a sophisticated bronze- graphite and full-metal mixture formulation with fine friction particles to achieve optimal friction properties.
- High static friction coefficient
- Good abrasive resistance
- Self- cleaning capability
- Low abrasive interaction with the brake rotor material
- Up to 3 times longer operational life compared to organic and Kevlar composite materials
- Develop ed specifically for off-road motorcycles & ATVs
- Can be used on both front and rear brakes
- Could be used on the rear brake of road racing motorcycles
- Specific pressure: 2.0 Mpa
- Sliding velocity: 20 m/s
- Constant maximum temp: 500°C
- Short time maximum temp: 750°C
- Counter- surfaces: steel disks
What is a sintered brake pad?
GOLDfren only manufacturers sintered brake pads that contain metal-ceramic and ceramic-carbon friction materials, these materials allow for less brake dust and a quieter braking experience. Sintered brake pads are made by fusing together metallic particles under high temperature and pressure which enhances friction properties and pad life, resulting in longer life and stronger braking. Sintered brake pads experience no brake fade when operating at high temperatures and in wet conditions. They also last up to 5 times longer than organic pads and provide additional braking strength. All materials used are environmentally friendly and do not contain any lead, asbestos, fibreglass or formaldehyde.