- This is our ONLINE STORE, not all Products are kept at our showroom location. To view stock in our Tauranga store please contact us with 3 days notice. Products purchased online will be shipped from our warehouse to your address within 3 days of purchase date - - Any questions? Please call the friendly Bayride team on 07 571 3040
The 2nd generation HFP-396 is new and revised for 2017 to include pre-soldered connections, two flex hose lengths to cover all 2011-2017 applications, and most importantly now includes a 58psi regulator which Polaris implemented in 2013 to cure the well-known vapour lock problem.
The HFP-396 is the original replacement fuel pump for 2011-2017 Polaris ATVs and UTVs and is the only pump approved by the PRC Forum. This pump will fully restore the specified 58psi+ fuel pressure as required by Polaris for all 2011+ EFI models. This pump installs directly into the OE Polaris assembly and does not require canister modifications of any kind. The pump is dimensionally and functionally identical to the OE pump motor, originally manufactured by Bosch for Polaris.
The installation kit includes several items designed to extend longevity beyond the original pump. Two ethanol-safe corrugated flex hoses are included, as well as a Viton ethanol-safe fuel pump o-ring, and an ethanol-safe 30-micron polyethylene filter strainer. With pump gasoline now infused in most parts of the country with as much as 15% ethanol, compatibility with multiple fuel blends is an essential requirement for all fuel pump components--not only the pump itself.
Our pump development of the HFP-396 started in 2013, starting with the same proven 30mm design from our HFP-389 pump used in KTM and Husqvarna applications and specifically designed for sustained hot climate operation. A weak point of the factory Polaris fuel pump motor is its inability to withstand extreme temperatures. Riders have found themselves on the trail or in the desert unable to restart their machine after only 20-30 mins of continuous run time. Once the pump has cooled down it will sometimes resume normal operation, eventually requiring replacement.
- OEM or better performance
- Black plated corrosion-resistant case
- Direct drop-in replacement
- Gradient density 30-micron fuel strainer for superior contaminant filtration
- Integrated check valve to ensure fast start-ups